ISSB Joining Letter / Call up: ISSB sends call-up letter - joining instructions to all candidate by posts. This call up letter includes you date of joining, documents to be brought at issb, dress code during stay at issb and for interview and GTO Tasks and other admin instruction.
arrow-rightDownload PDF: file-pdf-o issb joining instructions
ISSB Recall Letter when you cannot join ISSB due to some pressing issues, you can write letter to GSO-2 issb, Kohat to change the schedule and send it through courier. ISSB will 'try' to adjust in some subsequent batch, if possible. Here is link to the form you can use for send to ISSB, Kohat
issb recall letter for no being able to join
Schedule: 5 days are required for testing at ISSB, in which your arrival day is also included. Day wise Test Program at ISSB and the study material/ guidelines for the same are mentioned below:-
First Day - Preliminaries at ISSB: Once candidates enter ISSB, first day starts. Its also called Arrival Day. The candidates have to go through the following steps on Arrival day:
- Reception: The security staff will check, for security and unauthorized things, like mobiles, laptops, and others. You can contact your family through land line phone inside ISSB.
- Checking of documents:
arrow-right See documents to be take at issb at bottom of this post.
- Allocation of chest numbers.
- Allocation of rooms.
- Administration staff address.
- Filling bio data forms:
arrow-rightDownload PDF; file-pdf-o ISSB Bio Data form
- Essay Writing, one topic in 30 minutes:
arrow-right Notes: Essay Writing and Group Discussion Forum
- Opening address by Deputy President
- Mechanical Aptitude Test :
50 Questions in 15 Minutes,
arrow-right Notes: Mechanical Aptitude Forum
- Word Association Tests (WAT) :
- 100 words , Time : 10 seconds/ word in WAT
- 26 Sentences each in English and Urdu
arrow-right Notes and Quiz: Word Association Test & Sentence Completion Test
- Thematic Apperception Tests :
4 Pictures , 1/2 minute to see and 3.5 minutes to write, for each
arrow-rightPicture Story at ISSB - Guidelines and Notes
- Situational Reaction Test;
Situations: 10 , Time : 20 minutes
- OPI Test:
Number of Questions; 150, Time: 40 minutes
- Self description and self appraisal : Time: 10 minutes
arrow-rightOccupational Personality Inventory (OPI) Test at ISSB
- Group Discussion by Deputy President :
Time: 40 minutes approx
arrow-rightGroup Discussion at ISSB - Guidelines
- Briefing by GTO and Allotment of Chest Numbers :
- Group Planning /Military Planning :
20 min, Problem explained on sketch/ screen, writing of plan/ presentation by candidates.
arrow-right Group Planning (Military Planning) at ISSB
- Progressive Group Task (PGT):
arrow-rightProcedure ISSB Sub Group Task - Group Race
- Half Group Task (HGT):
- Interviews by Deputy President;
arrow-rightInterview at ISSB
- Individual Obstacles
- Command Task
- Sub Group Task at ISSB (Group Race): 8 Minutes
- Interviews (leftovers)
- Any re-obstacle and re-interview may be held.
- In some batches the recommendation letter may be given at ISSB. while mostly the Recommendation status appears at website while ISSB letter of recommendation is send at postal address.
Following documents needed in original, Photocopy not accepted:-
- Original result sheet and original Detailed Marks Certificate of matric.
- If the marks sheet of matric / FSc has not been issued, a letter duly approved by secretary / controller board.
- Hope certificate (when applied on hope) along with detailed marks sheet of part I.
- On announcement of result of FA / FSc bring along your FA / FSc result.
- In case of O/A levels bring Form B or CNIC other than original certificates and Equivalence certificate.
- Candidates applying for graduate / post graduate to bring original result sheet and detailed marks sheet of matric and intermediate.
- Candidates applying for graduate / post graduate to bring all the documents with you, on the basis of which you have applied as well are mentioned in the advertisement.
- Candidates, who are in possession of duplicate or revised/ amended certificate, to get these documents attested form secretary / controller board before coming to ISSB. Attested copy will not be accepted.
- Candidates who belong to backward areas and have been given relaxation in marks to bring their original Domicile Certificate with them.
- If you are not in possession of the documents mentioned above, you will not be entertained and returned back. Traveling allowance will not be given.
- In case of any query regarding documentation you can call GSO-II ISSB Kohat on this telephone no: 0922-510557.
All candidates to keep a copy of their educational certificates with them which will be required to be sent to concerned academy after final selection.
Out Door Dress at ISSB: Will also be available in ISSB canteen to facilitate candidates:-
- 2 x white shorts
- 1 x pair of PT shoes
- 2 x pairs of white socks d.
- 2 x white sports shirts
- 1 x white sweater / jersey track suit (for winters only)
- Female candidates are allowed to wear PT shoes with Shalwar Kameez /Track suit for their outdoor tasks.
Candidates appearing in ISSB tests must bring closed collar dress (Pant, Shirt and Tie) and also Shalwar Kameez with Waistcoat which is the dress for dinning in ISSB candidates Mess.
- Suit or combination
- Pants shirt and jersey
- Shalwar kameez and jersey
- Jersey / sweater
- Shalwar kameez (females only)
- Pants shirt
- Shalawr kameez waist coat
- Shalwar kameez (females only)
Useful Links and Information:
- ISSB Academies in Pakistan including Lahore, Karachi, Rawalpindi, Peshawar and Quetta
- YouTube Channel for ISSB Training - Lectures by Col Muneer Ahmad (retired) Tamga-e-Imtiaz Military, ex Deputy President ISSB.
- Changes in ISSB test Procedure - For knowing, discussing and preparation About updated information on happenings