Merit of candidates can be made at different stages of the selection / recruitment process. This may be done by Services HQ i.e.GHQ, NHQ or AHQ as per the course.
For some of the courses like LCC / Short Service Commission and other graduate based / technical courses, A pre-issb merit MAY be made by the Services HQ i.e. GHQ, NHQ or AHQ. In such cases, the candidates may not be given ISSB forms after final interview/ medical. The candidates in such cases are told that they if (shortlisted) will be called to recruitment center again (make sure to get tentative date) and will be given ISSB forms. The exact procedure may vary slightly in Army, Navy and Air force.
Final Merit (after being recommended by ISSB):
Depending upon the number of candidates selected by ISSB vs vacancies, GHQ (and Naval and Air Headquarters) may make and final merit list of candidates. The exact criteria for this merit list is internal process, however, generally following may be considered in making final merit for joining the Training at military academies or for Panel Interviews (LCC/ SSC / DSSC) :-
- Marks matric and FSC
- Performance in initial tests
- ISSB performance
- Experience (LCC and other Short Service Commission)
- The recommendations of ISSB are valid for 1 year. In case one is recommended by ISSB and finally falls in low merit, he will be considered in next course and treated as under:-
- For Permanent Commission Course (pma, tcc, cae, gdp, pn cadets): Don't have to apply, no tests are held. Candidate is considered and if makes it in merit list, is called for final medical, clearing which, he will join academy.
- For Short Service Army, LCC - Online Test + Physical Test + Initial Medical + ISSB form submission + Final GHQ interview i.e. the whole process is repeated- ?
- For Short Service PAF: Initials + AHQ Panel Interview (have to apply again?).
- For Short Service PN: NHQ Panel interview
- A low merit candidate has freedom to apply for any course afresh, and appear at ISSB (to improve his performance), within rule of gap of 120 days in 2 appearances
- If such candidate don't make it in the merit list for second time as well, the candidate can apply for the next course, after 1 year. Complete process.
- There can be different possible reasons for ISSB call letter not received by candidates. It's appropriate to check with ISSB Kohat GSO-2 at phone0922- 9260085 or 0922-521-3808 during office hours of ISSB (when a batch is in progress).
- Make sure to check "Call Status" at ISSB website, instead of waiting for posted letter.
- May check with you post office.
- There may (may not be) possibility that you are called for the next course. If called again, you may be allowed to appear only in physical and medical. Better visit recruitment center when the registration of next course starts.
- Prefer to apply