Common Questions About ISSB Tests

A forum to discuss ISSB Test Preparation, testing schedule, changes in ISSB procedure / program, issb call letter, joining instructions, list of academies in Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Faisalabad, Multan, Karachi, Quetta and other cities.
mwaraitch
Site Admin

Common Questions About ISSB Tests

Post by mwaraitch »

1. What is the major cause of re-interview.?
    why re-interview held?
    Is it true that selection is done only from within those candidates who are called for re-interview?

During Conference at Final Day of Selection at ISSB, selectors jointly (for the first time) discuss the personality of every candidate as assessed by each of them. A number of similarities and differences may come up during discussion. Re-interview(or any other confirmatory test) by selection team is done to establish / confirm/ reach consensus on certain aspects which come up during final conference between the selectors.

Interview by Commandant ISSB may also be done for similar reasons. Commandant ISSB may, at his discretion interview certain candidates as he deemed necessary,

The activation of next layer of selection process on conference day is an indicator of certain discussions in the selection system about effected candidate. Some of these steps are not mandatory. So the statement in the later part of the question that selection is only done from within re-interviewed cases, is not always true.
  2. Is it True, that there K ISSB main Safarish Chalti Hey? and Only kids of Army persons are selected?
    • If Army was to select own kids, Army could easily make quota system in ISSB keeping 85% seats for kids of army officers and 15% on open merit. Many places have such quota system. Where Army wants to do things its way, it doesn't need to cover it up or SAFARISH a ISSB [for it.
    • I tried to explain the system in my lecture on psychological tests at ISSB. The selectors are aware that favoring unsuitable person in selection means harming Army. Armed forces are well aware of cultural problems of social problem / safarish, so they designed it in a way that such thing cannot happen.
    • The mentioned perception of unfair play at issb is incorrect and not based on factual selection percentages as per comparative data compiled regularly at issb.
  3. How many candidates are selected out of a group / batch?
    No definite number or limit is laid down about the selection of candidates out of a group/batch. If all the candidates in a group / batch come up to the required standards, all will be selected, Likewise, if no-one comes up to our standards none may be selected from a particular batch. Therefore have faith in your abilities and put in your best in each test you undertake.

4. Does prior coaching / training has any effect during ISSB tests?
    We discourage candidates to undergo coaching for the reasons that it hinders the spontaneity of an individual. Candidates who undergo coaching present a stereotype behavior that hides his/her originality. Besides, coached candidate are prone to becoming single tracked.

5. Is there any difference in the assessment system for the three services?
    No. The assessment system for all three services is the same. However in order to suit the requirement of services, for few courses, the candidates are tested in two dimensions i.e. Psychologist Tests and Interview only. But there are no variations in the technique of these tests.

6. Can I appear for ISSB tests for two services in the same half of the year?
    Not Exactly. You can appear in ISSB for any course if following is complied with:-
    You can not appear in ISSB within 120 days of your last appearance.
    You have not exhausted your two chances for appearance at the ISSB.

7. Is the Selection System for Girls Different than boys?
    There is no difference in selection standard, but there are some variations in the tests and field events. Female candidates are normally tested in two dimensions plus (psychologist tests, interview and some of the GTO Tasks) except for those applying for GD (P) or CAE who are tested in all tests of three dimensions i.e. Interview, GTO Tasks and Psychologist Tests. Please remember that such arrangements may change when service requirements demand so.

8. If I am recommended from ISSB, does it mean that I will definitely be selected and be instructed to join the academy?
    Generally true but not always correct. ISSB only recommends the candidates for various courses but final merit list is prepared by the concerned services only if number of recommended candidates is more than the vacancies for that particular course. In most of the cases a candidate recommended by the ISSB makes his/her way to the academy but it may not always happen. Your name may not appear in the final merit list and thus you may not be called for the training.

9. What is the period of validity of Recommendation of ISSB for a particular course?
    If you were recommended for a particular course but not included in the final merit list and you want to re-appear in the ISSB for the same or any other course, then you can only appear after one year from the date of your previous recommendation of ISSB; as it is most likely that your name is already included in the waiting list for the next serial / batch of that course.

10. I did not receive my call letter but I have seen my call on the website, what should I do?
    You call letter is issued some 20 days in advance to the actual date of your tests. It is a rare possibility that you may not receive your call letter at all. If you have seen your name in our online callup database then you should take a print out of the same page which shows your name and report for the ISSB. The concerned ISSB staff has been instructed to accept the same as a call and let you in. Please remember that you must be in possession of other educational documents required from you to be eligible for the tests.

11. Is there any Quota System in ISSB?
    There is not quota system in ISSB. No province based seats or for wards of army persons etc. Its all done purely on merit system. No Quota system in ISSB.
  12. Cannot Attend ISSB due to certain problems. What should be done
  13. Old result lost, How to get Duplicate results of ISSB
  14. Question and Answers about ISSB Repeaters
  15. Best ISSB Academy in Lahore, Rawalpindi, Islamabad, Karachi, Faisalabad, Multan
  16. Differences in Odd and Even Courses at ISSB
  17. Procedure for low merit cases at ISSB
Patience is a virtue