Q & A - Repeaters at ISSB

A forum to discuss ISSB Test Preparation, testing schedule, changes in ISSB procedure / program, issb call letter, joining instructions, list of academies in Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Faisalabad, Multan, Karachi, Quetta and other cities.
mwaraitch
Site Admin

Q & A - Repeaters at ISSB

Post by mwaraitch »

Ask Questions / clear doubts - using Post Reply button (left above and below post)

Questions and Answers About ISSB Repeaters
  1. Who are Repeater Candidates. If I pass initial tests but could not go to ISSB, due to certain reason, will I be considered as repeater ?
    Repeater candidates are the ones who are Not Recommendation from ISSB or are on Low Merit in the final merit list.
    One has to go through testing process at ISSB to be termed as repeater.

2. I heard that there is less chance for repeaters to pass issb
    No, Not at all. Selection rate of repeaters, at times, is higher than fresh.

3. Is previous performance of the Repeaters considered during the testing process
    -- "Repeat" means that particular testing standards are to be “repeated”, if new test are there, than its not repetition. There is no point in assessing a candidate again, if his previous assessment is going to be bases of his selection.
    -- The observations of previous selection are not consulted during process of individual assessment by selectors. The selectors finalize their individual assessment (recommended/ not recommended) without consulting observations of previous appearance.
    - -In some cases (less than 0.25%), only “a portion” of a “particular past observation” is made available, for “review by the board"(last day) - e.g., last time the candidate showed height phobia in obstacles (if he has overcome it, the last observation is ignored). Its done for extremely limited number of candidates and for very limited reasons.

4. What all tests of Repeater Candidates are conducted during Initial Tests
    -- Army: Repeater Candidates of PMA Long Course are only required to undergo Physical and Medical Tests. Whereas Repeater Candidates of PN and PAF will undergo Complete Preliminary process i.e Computerized Test, Physical Test, Medical Test and Interview. TCC Repeater Candidates who apply for PMA LC will only appear in Physical,medical and Interview.

5. What happens if I become sick or get injured?
    Free medical facilities are provided to candidates at ISSB. We try our best to ensure that you do not fall sick or get injured during your stay/tests.
    * In case of severe injury or illness you will be taken to Combined Military Hospital for the treatment. You may also get admitted depending upon severity of the injury or illness.
    * If you have missed complete tests due to illness or injury, you will be considered as "Withdrawn" and your chance for ISSB tests will not be counted.
    * If you have appeared in the ISSB tests but have missed a portion of GTO's tests or interview then it is likely that you are considered as "Not Fully Boarded". In this case also, your chance for ISSB will not be counted. The condition of "not to appear at ISSB within 120 days" will not apply to you if you are declared 'Not Fully Boarded'. Therefore you can appear as soon as you are well and fit.

6. Is there some video lecture where questions about ISSB Repeaters are answered.
    Yes. Check this link Initial Test and ISSB Preparation - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Patience is a virtue