Why the questions related to sex, Pornography etc are asked during interview at ISSB?
Many reasons can be attributed for such questions. These may include:
- Breaking monotony and set mind/ prepared sequences of the candidate i.e. putting the candidate imbalanced by breaking his usual line of defense.
- Ascertain social behavior or
- Check ability related to handling of awkward situations/ conversation
- Check reaction and response/ maturity when caught in a surprise
- Generate pressure due to lack of situational awareness and uncertainty about answer.
How to answer Socially Awkward Questions (sex/ pornography related) at ISSB?
- Shortest and very generic answer to it is .... respond in the light of teaching of Allah, Parents and Teachers.
- Questions are not asked with expectation of same answer from "all" candidates (so stop searching fixed answers, understand concepts). e.g. If a candidate seems a cunning or greedy person, his replies to situations painted to him will confirm or negate his personality traits. Another person, who is "considered" sex hungry, will respond to a situation differently (hence confirm or negate observation).
- - One's ability to handle socially difficult or awkward situations, somewhat unpleasant questions, confusing- double edged choices etc tells a lot about upbringing of a person. Simple, direct and sincere approach is better way to the life.
- Its like your elder bother, father, uncle asking you a question which you prefer to avoid - so how do you go about it amicably and intelligently..... Candidates mostly tend to twist things too much to make it very very complex.
- Why to make things complex. Just do correct things as per your growth and upbringing. They want to know about you, so help them.
- Most candidates loose maturity and sense of proportion in awkward situations Your ability to amicably handle awkward situation speaks good of you Loosing social sense as a response to a socially awkward question is a common mistake
In many of my lectures about ISSB, I have talked against picking answers from market against personal judgements. The verbal situational reaction questions during interview at ISSB, may be asked to:
- Confirm (or negate) some of the personality aspects seen/ considered by the selector.
- Create emotional imbalance in candidate in order to bring his behavior to natural.
- Check sense of proportion, intelligence and wisdom in a candidate
- Try to lean about specific personality trait of a person as per his background.
- Signs of over aggression, docile nature
- Timidly, over-bravery,
- Hyper, slow,
- Ethnic sensitivity, over sensitivity (or complete lack of it) towards family, friends or community,
- sexual inclination, drug / narcotic trends,
- linkage to banned organization,
- excess rigidity or extraordinary flexibility.
- “What is some-one abuses you tribe or Islam or Pakistan.
- “what if your sister is kidnapped by …. “
- “what if you have to shoot in head and chest of over 100 person a cyclic rate of firing”
- “what if you are very rich and visit an isolated island with dozens of naked young women”
- What if you are ordered to kill ....... in Pakistan.
What can be important Questions for Interview at ISSB, From Where I can get answers to these questions?
Some of the answers to important question to be used for preparation of interview are as under. If you have some unanswered questions, you can ask here.
- [viewtopic.php?p=90]From Where I can get Guidelines for Interview at ISSB[/url]
- Are the psychologist / GTO results shared with Deputy President for interview at ISSB
- Which Type of Questions are asked during interview at ISSB by the deputy president.
Here is a list of pdf files, notes and quiz test, which can help to for preparing yourself for interview at ISSB.
- Download PDF - General Knowledge and Quick Math PDF: file-pdf-o
- Download PDF - Quick Math ISSB Preparation Initial Test: file-pdf-o