Situation Reaction Test (SRT) at ISSB - Guidelines and pdf

Situation Reaction Test and ISSB Tests are discussed at this forum
mwaraitch
Site Admin

Situation Reaction Test (SRT) at ISSB - Guidelines and pdf

Post by mwaraitch »

What is Situation Reaction Test (SRT)? How SRT s Conducted at ISSB?

ISSB Situation Reaction Test (SRT) is one of the tests in ISSB Psychological Tests. In this tests, candidates are given 10 situations- one after the other, for two minutes each. The candidates are expected to write spontaneous response. The situations are normally not very complex. These are ‘real to life’ situations of day-to-day life.

To save you some cumbersome reading, I delivered a lecture, you can see bottom of this pos. You can also find a downloadable pdf file having lot of practice situations.

Important Points for Situation Reaction Test (SRT) at ISSB
  1. Read the situation carefully and respond.
  2. Be brief and to the point. Yet be complete in your response i.e. give wholesome response which covers all aspects. Keeping answer short will hep you to save time and have wholesome response.
  3. Think as if it is actually happening and what you will be doing. Don't take it as bookish thing.
  4. Think of simple and obvious actions. Don't complicate for nothing.
  5. Don't be heroic / tarzan / batman. Be normal, as you will actually be in such situation
  6. Be realistic.Do not show wishful behavior.
  7. Be sharp, quick and show presence of mind
  8. Utilize available resources.
  9. Respond to situation, don't change the plot of the story. e.g. When told that you have lost wallet, means you have lost money. Instead of responding to situation, if you say that, I always keep reserve money in my socks, is not correct response.
  10. Act, don't react. e.g. saying that I will call the police and handover the situation to them (instead of steering situation to logical end)
  11. Write legibly. There is not point in being intellectual if you are can response cannot be read.
  12. Avoid skipping any questions; If you skip a question, it shows lack of responsibility and not being able to handle stress.
  13. Do not write answers like – I will solve the situation, I will find out the problem, I will inquire about the problem or I will plan the action as required etc.
Video Lecture and Quiz Tests on Situation Reaction Test at ISSB

Quiz Tests (SRT)

The candidates of ISSB should practice the SRT situations by keeping time in real time environment.
You don’t have to prepare separately for the SRT. You just have to be natural and instinctive. Try putting yourself into the situation and then think of the solution. That’s it.
Patience is a virtue
RaoAsad

Re: Situation Reaction Test (SRT) at ISSB - Guidelines and pdf

Post by RaoAsad »

Very helpful material
mwaraitch
Site Admin

Post by mwaraitch »

RaoAsad wrote: 16 Oct 2022, 07:06 Very helpful material
Thanks, will keep trying to update the things. please do contribute with ideas, questions and any other aspects
Patience is a virtue
unknown

Post by unknown »

Very well explained!!
Muhammad Abdullah

Post by Muhammad Abdullah »

Assalam o Alaikum Sir,
The psychological tests of ISSB for DSSC are same as of Long Course?
mwaraitch
Site Admin

Post by mwaraitch »

ISSB Tests, when/if conducted, are on the same lines for all the courses.
Patience is a virtue